Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Favorites




I honestly don’t know where 2013 went. It seriously flew by way too quickly. Fortunately it was filled with holy-grail items and new products! There were new discoveries as well as rediscoveries.

1) Suave Kids Detangling Spray - I know I’m an old person and all but this stuff seriously works. If you have thick, long, knotty hair like me this will save you so much time and pain lol This is my third bottle and it is dirt cheap!

2) Aussie Moist 3-Minute Miracle - I got this because I heard it was a cheaper alternative to my holy-grail Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - and it is! This makes my hair super soft and the packaging makes it so much easier to use.

3) Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - Of course I had to include this. I don’t use it as often as the Aussie one since it is so expensive but it’s such a luxurious treat for my hair. I like it slightly better than the Aussie one but yes they are very similar. I love the way it makes my hair feel and I absolutely love the scent.

4) LUSH Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub - This is my all time favorite exfoliator. I’ve been using this for years! It is abrasive so if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn’t recommend this - but it does remove all of the gunk from my pores. I couldn’t tell you how many of these pots I’ve gone through but it would probably be close to 15 or 20!

5) JUJU Cosmetics Moisture Lotion - I bought this in Hong Kong and everything on the label is in Japanese - and I seriously can’t find this product anywhere online, which makes me so sad! I use this as a toner and it looks like a thicker water if that makes sense lol It’s definitely not a “lotion” but it makes my skin feel extra clean after I’ve washed my face but also moisturizes it. It’s a very unique product and I hope I can somehow purchase it again.

6) Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in April - I love this product line in general but the shade April really stood out to me this year. I would just put it on top of everything. It’s a sparkly pink that seriously went with everything - it’s also very pretty on it’s own. Also, the plumping effects aren’t too extreme so there’s only a slight tingle if you’re sensitive to these types of products.

7) Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish - This was the year of the pink lip for me. I loved this shade and it lasted a pretty decent amount of time. I would apply lip gloss during the day and would only need to touch the stain up in the afternoon. I can already tell this product is going to last me a very long time. I do want to try the two new ColorBurst Matte & Lacquer Balms now to see how they compare.

8) The Body Shop Deep Sleep Essential Oil - I used to have the biggest problems falling asleep, but now I’ve gotten better with being able to fall asleep at a decent time on my own. I would take sleeping pills in the past and even those sometimes didn’t work! Now, for nights I feel like I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep right away I would use this oil and surprisingly it would work! Now I didn’t fall asleep instantly but I would dose off within 30 or 40 minutes (instead of hours! lol) It’s not the best smelling thing but it’s a calming, earthy scent.

9) Essie nail polish in Cute As A Button - I seriously wore this all Spring & Summer. It’s the perfect pinky peach color and it’s not too bright. It looks amazing on tan skin!

10) NARS nail polish in Bad Influence - I got this on sale at sephora.com so I’m not sure where you can find it but it’s just a taupe-brown shade that I wore most of Fall and will probably wear throughout Winter. I definitely want to find a good dupe for this once I finish it - maybe OPI You Don’t Know Jacques?

11) Clarisonic Mia 2 - Although I just got this a couple months ago - I had been using my bulky Original Clarisonic for years. I love both models but the Mia 2 definitely has better features. I love the smaller shape of it and that it has 2 speeds. I think I’m literally going to use the Clarisonic for the rest of my life. It has seriously changed my skin.

12) MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder - This is my holy-grail black eyeliner. It is so pigmented and easy to use. If this smudges on you just use some black eye shadow to set it. I know I sometimes need to set it in the summer on my lower lash line - but this is so perfect for everything - upper lash line, lower lash line, waterline, and tight lining.

13) MAC pressed pigment in Deeply Dashing - This was a new discovery for me this year and it has easily become one of my favorite products. It is a gorgeous brown shade with LOTS of silver shimmer. If you don’t like shimmery eye shadows, stay away from this one! This is definitely my most shimmery eye shadow and I get compliments whenever I wear this.

14) MAC eye shadow in Woodwinked - MAC shadows in general are amazing but once again Woodwinked is still my all time favorite shadow from them. It can be worn so many different ways. It is shimmery gold brown shade that can be blended out into an almost orange shade. It’s one of those shadows that you can put on your lid and in your crease and it will look like you’re wearing two different shadows. I’ve been wearing this shade since high school and this is probably my third or fourth one of these.

15) Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - I loved using this for my under eyes since I have very dark circles. This helped brighten that area when I would put this over my regular concealer. I’m currently using the shade Honey, which is a skin tone shade, but I like Radiant since it’s more of a pinky shade and I think I will go back to that one once I finish Honey.

15) Beauty Blender sponge - I started using this in February and I haven’t stopped yet! I’m starting the new year with the new one that is pictured because my current one is stained and not the prettiest. Seriously this is worth the money and will change how your foundation and concealer looks on your skin.

16) Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - This is my new signature scent and I never would have thought I would like anything called “Flowerbomb” since I’m not the biggest fan of floral scents - but this is seriously the best scent I have ever tried. It’s super expensive so that’s why I bought the travel duo for the fraction of the cost but I will definitely be saving up for the full size! I love that its warm and sort of spicy and it just smells amazing. I can’t explain it lol

17) Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - This is such a classic scent. I have 2 deluxe sample sizes, a purse spray, and the full size of this. It’s my favorite Spring & Summer scent. It’s so fresh and clean and a bit citrusy. I love it.

18) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface - Everyone and their mom has this blush but it is seriously such an amazing product. Again I love this entire product line but like everyone says - Dollface is the perfect everyday pinky shade. It looks so natural and it just looks really pretty on so many skin tones.

19) MAC Mineralize Blush in Fresh Honey - I feel bad including this because it was limited edition but MAC did re-promote it when I purchased it so hopefully they’ll bring it back again! It looks scary in the pan since it’s a peachy orange but it just gives your skin the perfect glow. I loved wearing this in the summer with a tan but I have used this last month in December as well. It’s a pretty neutral shade too so if you don’t feel like wearing a pink blush this is perfect. MAC please bring this back!

Well that was my 2013 Favorites, I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment