Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 2014 Birchbox






It’s a new year and I’m hoping Birchbox will make this year worth it. I’ve been a member since 2011 and last year was definitely a bust! 2013 was a big disappointment after they had a great 2012. We got a ton of full size products back then and I feel like last year was full of foil packets. If Birchbox continues down this past this will definitely be my last year as a Birchbox member.

1) Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream - I’ve always wanted to try Fekkai products and I’ve heard nothing but great things about this glossing cream. It says you only need a nickel sized amount to tame frizz and to add shine. I think this is a pretty good sized sample that will last awhile. Full size is 4oz & $19.99 This sample is 1.6oz Birchbox Value: $7.99

2) Nail Rock Glitter - Yay! A full sized product! I got the red glitter and you have to paint your nails with 2 coats then dip your nail to get ultra glittery nails. I’m excited to try this but not so excited about the mess I’m going to make lol Birchbox Value: $6.99

3) Paula’s Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum - I love serums so I’m glad I got this sample. It’s not the biggest, but it does take me awhile to go through serums since I don’t use a lot at a time. I’m excited to see if this does tightens my pores like it claims. Full size is 1oz & $26.95 This sample is .17oz Birchbox Value: $4.58

4) SOAK Handmade Hand Cream in Yuzu - The Yuzu scent is described tart citrus and eucalyptus and these are filled with shea butter, olive oil, and vitamins A & E. But ugh I hate foil packets! These actually have a lot of product in one packet so I’ll either have to use the whole thing on my arms too or keep it around & hopefully it doesn’t get all over the place or dry out. Full size is 3oz & $10. These foil packets are .17oz each x2 Birchbox Value: $1.13

5) Under Armour Braided Mini Headbands - I’m really glad I got this because I’ve been looking for something to keep my hair out of my face when I work out and I actually like the colors! Hopefully this doesn’t slip off or give me a headache lol A 3-Pack is $19.99 Birchbox Value: $6.66

Total Birchbox Value: $27.35 (My Birchboxes usually range from $30-$40 so this is the lowest valued box I’ve gotten in a while) Hopefully next month is better!


No comments:

Post a Comment