Friday, January 3, 2014

Easy Party Nails

When I’m in a time crunch and in a rush to do my nails, I usually resort to my “go-to party nail look” I’ve done my nails like this for so many parties and events because it’s super easy to do and it livens up the nails.

I’ve used so many base colors in the past but my personal favorites are nude shades and black. This time I used Nails Inc. in Chelsea, which is a very deep plum color that basically looks black. I love this shade from Nails Inc. because it only takes one coat to be this opaque! All you have to do is put 1 to 2 coats of your base color and let it dry for about 10 minutes.

You can use any glitter you want but I always end up using gold, since it’s my favorite. This time I used Oscar by Julep, which they created in honor of the Oscars (and I actually used this nail polish with a nude base color for an Oscar after-party last year) You can put as much glitter or as little glitter as you would like. You can also control the glitter by putting 1 or 2 coats, depending how much of the base color you want to peek through. This time I did 2 coats of glitter and did about half my nail. Sometimes I would concentrate the glitter more onto the tip of the nail or bring it down so that only the moon area of the nail is showing.

This makes it extra simple since the glitter doesn’t need to be perfect. It’s not like a French manicure where you need a straight line of color. I personally like the glitter to look a little messy - it makes it more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment