Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox


 
I was really hoping the February Birchbox would have been Valentine’s Day themed but instead they teamed up with US Weekly and did an award show themed box, which is ok too. All the products this month are meant to make you red carpet ready.
1) Beauty Protector: Protect & Oil - This oil is supposed to protect your hair against UV rays, heat, and breakage. I think this would have been better suited in a summer box since it’s finally started to get cold in California and I am staying indoors! But I do love hair oils so I’ll see how it goes. Full size is 4oz & $21.95. This sample doesn’t have a size listed on it but I’m going to guess its 0.25oz, which would make the Birchbox Value: $1.37
2) Dr. Brandt: Pores No More Pore Refiner - This refiner works as a primer as well and it claims to minimize pores and absorb oils for a matte finish. Having super oily skin, I hope this works! Full size is 1oz & $45 (yikes!) This sample is 0.25oz. Birchbox Value: $11.25
3) Juicy Couture: Couture La La Malibu - This smells amazing!! I’m definitely going to buy this one. It smells better than the original and is inspired by SoCal, which is where I’m from. It has mandarin and pink sugar but it smells like summer to me. I can’t wait to own it! Full size is 1.3oz - 2.5oz & $52 - $72. Sample is 0.05oz. Birchbox Value: $1.72
4) Ruby Wing: Color Changing Nail Polish in Kitten Heels - I’ve never had a color changing nail polish so I’m really excited to see how it works out. I love this hot fuchsia shade and it’s supposed to change into a deep magenta in the sun. The full size is 0.5oz & 10. This sample is 0.25oz Birchbox Value: $5
5) 32 Oral Care: Effervescent Breath Crystals with IsoVoxy - I’m really interested to see how these work. They’re basically crystals that you swish in your mouth to get fresh breath. I received Honey Mint & Peppermint. Full size is 15ct & $9.99 Birchbox Value: $3

Total Birchbox Value: $22.34 (This is probably the lowest valued box I’ve received in 2 years. Last month was in the $20s and last year my boxes ranged from $30-$40 - so far I’m not impressed this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment